One word: NUTELLA! For those of you who are chocoholics (like me :D) you can imagine the joy of buying a book titled Nutella. This book contains tons of recipes based on Nutella! I was so excited to purchase this and try out a recipe for my own. It was really hard to choose which recipe to start with but I finally decided to take the emblematic french madeleines. So let’s get started!
For this recipe you will need the following ingredients:
150 g (5.3 oz) white flour
125 g (4.4 oz) unsalted butter
150 g (5.3 oz) white sugar
2 tablespoons of milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
4 tablespoons of Nutella
I do recommend to keep some more Nutella laying around as you will probably crave some while baking :p
1. Preheat the oven at 220°C (428°F). Grease and flour a madeleine mold (I would recommend using a silicone one).
2. Mix the eggs with the sugar using an electric mixer, enough so that it forms a white mix.
3. Slowly add the flour, the butter (better if soft), the milk and baking powder and mix well.
4. Add Nutella one tablespoon at a time and mix after each addition.
5. Add one spoonful of dough onto the madeleine mold and top with a little bit of Nutella like this:
6. Bake for about 10 minutes. Baking times depend greatly on your kind of oven and location. For me my oven is old so it takes longer, plus I live in a high altitude place so that makes the baking time even longer.
There you go! Enjoy these with a glass of cold milk :)
Hope you enjoyed this recipe :)